Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why Snowest Thou?

Antithesis of 'dear' Winter,

You were doing soo good. Letting the sun shine. Making me feel like Spring was on its way. Then BAAAMM! Joke's on you Amy!

I'm sorry to all you winter-lovers out there, but I am not a part of you. I'm actually the arch-enemy of you. Not of "you" per-se. Of winter. Long, hard, cold, and cruel winter. I need the sun. I LIVE for the sun. Probably has something to do with the Latina blood in me.

One example of why I hate winter, shown here

But rather than go off on all the reasons why I hate winter, I'll try the more positive approach and list the things I love MOST about summer. The things I've most been missing over these long painful months.

-Dusk. Coming back from an exhilerating bike ride up the canyon just in time for dinner and being able to see the sun start to set and the flurries of the Apricot trees floating all around you.
-Warm summer nights. Being able to step outside on the porch or take Charlie for a walk at night and not even have to put on shoes or a jacket.
-Sun Bathing. Soaking up the sun outside with my peeps trying to get some Vitamin D and, of course, a tan!
-Attidude. The general attitude of everyone during summer seems much more positive and care-free. Less stress. Less grumpiness. Sun truly makes a difference.
- In season fruit. Nothing better than a picnic in the grass with fresh strawberries and cold cut sandwiches!
-Nice Bod. I always feel better about my looks in summer. My skin is tan, my body is strong and less flabby (since it's much easier for me to be in shape when I can actually do activities oustide), my hair isn't as dry from the cold air, and I'm sure my overall countenance is simply lighter and happier when the sun is shining and the air is warm.
-Driving. There is definitely something cathartic about taking a long drive with the windows rolled down and belting out to your favorite tunes on the stereo.
-The canyon. I know I mentioned bike riding up the canyon already but really any activity up the canyon, to me seems almost magical. Camping, bonfires, hikes, picnics, etc. are ALL some of my absolute FAVORITE things to do. (Especially when they are with a special love interest:)
-Walks. Anytime I needed to get out of the house or think, I would take Charlie on a walk to the track. I would let him run free and chase the birds while I would lay on the grass and meditate or read my scriptures. I've already set in my mind that the man I marry will have to be cool with taking FREQUENT walks with me because I honestly believe it could be a huge marriage strengthener.
-Vacations. Summer is a time when everyone is off school and so my family can take trips to places. Even if it's something as simple as driving down to Logan or St. George, I can't think of anything better than spending close (positive) time with my family.

I could go on and on about why I love summer but I think you get the gist. I am honestly counting down the days until I can experience all this wondrousness again.

-Amos

Pic of an awesome Summer vacation spot. Sorta reminded me of the Utah mountains:)