Friday, January 1, 2010

Sorry Friends...

..but I officially have the best dad EVER. Side note: This is just ONE documentation of the many amazingnesses that is Merlin Carpenter. The night before yesterday I was expressing to my dad my fears of my car getting stuck in the 6 feet of snow encasing my cul-de-sac and asked if he was going to be home when I had to go to work just in case I needed a pusher. He said he had work early in the morning so I would have to turn to my mom in case of trouble. Well yesterday morning, when I looked out the window to see the sad igloo of a state my car was in, I was more than pleasantly surprised. My dad, had scraped the foot of snow/ice that was frozen to my vehicle AND shoveled the street around my car so I wouldn't be stuck. Wow.

But honestly, that's what I think about nearly every time I think of my dad. Wow. I honestly am so lucky to have a dad who is so sweet and unselfish not just some of the time, (cuz believe me he does stuff like this quite frequently) but pretty much ALL of the time. All I can say is, I love you pops and I hope to be like you someday:) And thanks!!

-Me